ššššš šš šššš šššš| šššššššš ššššššššššš ššššš
Hi, I’m Kelvien, not my real name. I’m 20 years old and currently a second-year student. This bittersweet story of mine still haunts me, a lingering what if that I carry to this day.
During my first year in school, I was already captivated by his charisma and intelligence. He was caring, sweet, and thoughtful, his actions slowly made me fall for him. At first, I didn’t even realize that I was developing feelings for him, not until I found myself craving his presence whenever he wasn’t around.
As the semester grew more exciting and challenging, my feelings for him only grew stronger. And yes, I fell in love. I tried to confess and let him know how I truly felt. I showed my efforts, gave love, and offered genuine and pure intentions. I wanted to be with him, to be his strength and his comfort.
But time was never on our side. He was still holding on to his past, still in love with his ex. He rejected me, not because he didn’t care, but because he was afraid of hurting me or turning me into a rebound. Still, I chose to love him, quietly and from afar. Eventually, we became just friends.
One night, we had a deep, heart-to-heart conversation. He admitted that he liked me back then too, but he was afraid he would hurt me. He realized that he loved me the same way I loved him. But by that time, everything had changed. The feelings were no longer the same. He chose to move on, without asking if I still loved him, without knowing that I still do, even until now.
I’ve always wanted to tell him that my love never vanished, that he still has a place in my heart, and that I’m still waiting for him to love me again. But I guess I’m waiting for nothing. He’s already happy, in someone else’s heart, comfortable in someone else’s arms, and special to the person he now loves.
Maybe our story was never meant to last. Maybe he was meant to meet someone who could give him the love story he deserves, while I was only a part of his journey, never meant to be his happy ending. Maybe I was just a character in one of his chapters, meant to stay there so he could meet the person truly meant for him.
And maybe this is the hardest truth I have to accept:
I was never his happy ending.
I was only a chapter he had to leave behind.
By:Kelvien
#northwesternvisayancolleges #sanvcikawangbida #Sa_NVC_ikaw_ang_BIDA #NVC_THEFORUM #NVC #StoryOfYourLove
Comments
Post a Comment